Sunday, February 7, 2010

HW 38- Art Project Cool


1. My art gives the insight to see through the cool. I chose a particular cool stereotype of cool, the punk rocker, and got rid of everything but his eyes and showed his life within him to represent who he really is. Seeing who he truly is, or seeing through the cool, allows the viewer to get a better understanding of him than his outward appearance would allow on it's own. I hope that this piece makes the viewer look at their own friends differently and think about what really makes up the people they find cool, instead of the more superficial aspects of self.
2. In getting this assignment I didn't know what to do for my piece at first. It was only after thinking about cool through my paper that I thought of doing a piece about seeing through cool. From here, I thought that seeing the persons life within them to represent who they really are would make for a powerful piece. I did this piece on my own, so all contributions were my own in this piece.
3. Making art does seem cool to me. Art is the one field of interest that everybody starts on an equal level for. While some people might have a more realistic image of a certain item depicted, the significance and meaning might not be as strong. Everybody has just as much potential for great, significant art that can be representative of something. This is why art as simple as boxes and lines can be considered beautiful, because it tells a story and represents something of meaning. This even starting ground provides everybody fair chance to be great and to be admired, and this is pretty cool to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment